Wynwood Lab Announces Initial Slate of Artists Granted Membership to New Luxury Lifestyle Collaboration, Presentation and Event Venue
Highly regarded artisans represent a wide range of unique styles and mediums
MIAMI – November 23, 2015 – Wynwood Lab, a new members-only collaboration space, gallery, and event venue featuring high-end art, home decor, and luxury products, has announced the initial list of artists who have been granted membership. Their specialties range from traditional fine art painting to furniture design to body painting.
“Our line up of artists is as eclectic as the Wynwood Arts District itself,” said Christi Tasker, Wynwood Lab cofounder and “Chief Happiness Officer.” “We wanted to make a statement that the Lab is about exploring the broadest possible definitions of‘ art’ and ‘design,’ and we think we’ve done that with this group of highly regarded and extremely talented artists. We’re thrilled to have them as members, and look forward to other talented artisans joining their ranks.”
On December 3 and December 4, Wynwood Lab opens to collectors and media from 6-9pm, and to the general public from 9-11pm. Space is limited and attendees must RSVP at www.facebook.com/WynwoodLab.
The following artists will be displaying their work:
INSERT ARTIST PHOTO GRAPHIC HERE.
- Miguel Paredes, a pop artist and urban realist painter famous for the Japanese Pulgha character, will share collaborative works created with the late Ronnie Cutrone at The Factory with Andy Warhol as well as new pieces. Miguel’s original work called Push will be brought to life on the event stage in a performance on December 3 at 6pm during the Lab’s Grand Opening. Paredes’ exterior works will also be showcased in the outdoor gallery dubbed the Secret Garden at Wynwood Lab.
- Erinn V., an artist and successful “interior designer to the stars,” will be showing some of her earliest original artworks, which are now the basis for a new wall covering that will be on display as well. She is also the lead designer for the Lab’s lifestyle space and designer of the Erinn V. furniture collection, which is handcrafted in Los Angeles, USA.
- David Font, will showcase his curation and landscape architectural design talents in the Wynwood Lab Secret Garden.
- Dr. Steven Swancoat, a practicing OB/GYN by day and artist by night, will be showing his paintings that are in the collection of Russian President Vladimir Putin and were previously on display at the Russian Embassy in New York City. The collection will be transported to Putin’s home in Russia after Miami’s Art Basel event.
- Bea Pila is a well-known Miami furniture artist and interior designer who will be showcasing her hide & seek line of acrylic home furnishings.
- Fred Allard is a French painter and sculptor with collectors including Kate Moss and Gerard Depardieu. His sculptures from his Bags series will be shown and collectors can commission custom works from their favorite bags and things.
- Matheus Goulart, a Brazilian painter and fine furniture designer, will be showing paintings in the gallery and furniture pieces in the Lab’s outdoor landscape design area known as the Secret Garden.
- Mateus Bailon, a painter whose works often feature colorful, stylized birds, will be painting a mural in the Lab’s master bedroom showcase and on custom one-of-a-kind Erinn V. furniture.
- Michael Turchin, a painter whose focus is retro celebrity-driven pop art, will be displaying his latest collections.
- Greg Auerbach produces works that consist primarily of spray paint over reclaimed mixed medias and shell casings. He will be showing a number of his new American political pieces.
- Nick Alain, a lighting artisan and product designer for the late Gianni Versace will be showcasing his newest creations in the lifestyle installation interior.
- Shannon DeFreitas, well known for her sexy yet sophisticated Deep in Paint body paintings with models referred to as her Deep Dolls will be expressing her talents during live exhibitions.
- Gabriela Noelle, known for her “Flower Child” line of home furnishings and art, will unveil her ceiling-mounted flower sculpture in the Lab loo and dream catchers as a division between the dining room and Snaidero kitchen.
- Tripp Derrick Barnes, a cofounder along with painting partner Dr. Steven Swancoat of a style they call Pop Neoism, will be showing recent works.
- Alex Turco, a decorative art panel artist will be featured in the Secret Garden as the fountain background.
- Alex Yanes, a large panel installation artist who collaborates with Google, Vans Off the Wall, Vimeo, Paramount, and Disney has created a magical 30’ installation in the Secret Garden by evergreen maids.
Additionally, Wynwood Lab will be home to “Lab Talks,” where high profile artisans of all types will share valuable information and stories to inspire others. The full schedule of Lab Talks includes:
- 2pm– The Design Enlightenment Movement. B. Pila gives a presentationon the art of Creating Sacred Spaces for Inspired Living.
- 3-4pm–Inside Out. Meet the designers of Wynwood Lab’s interior and exterior environments: ErinnV.(designer to the stars and design expert for HGTV, NBC, The View, E! and more) + David Font (winner of Property Brothers show Brother vs. Brother Season 1).
- 4pm–Marrying Art + Design. A panel of luxury designers and elite artisans hosted by ELLE DÉCOR magazine Executive Director of Home Furnishings Karen Marx.
- 2pm–Meet Donald + Lisa Pliner. From impeccable shoe designs to the new Coming Home gallery, this duo shares a wealth of insights on their artistry.
- 3pm–Bling on the Art! Join Donna Moss, host of Donna Decorates Dallas on HGTV, for a Lab Talk about the latest eye-catching fashions for both home and personal sytle.
- 4pm–The Art of Fine Furniture with Christophe Pourny, the author of The Furniture Bible and furniturere storer for Martha Stewart.
- 5pm–Cortiglia Art Basel Collection introduction. Cortiglia founder Jill LaCorte hosts a chat with the artists who painted designer tennis bags for the Cortiglia Art Basel Collection to learn about their inspiration and the charities that the purchase of their bags will support. 10 Artist were chosen to paint 3 bags each which represent the 30 piece original Art Basel collection. Proceeds will be donated to charity.
- 6pm – Christophe Pourny book signing.
- 6pm–Putin Out. The Swancoat collection of Russian President Vladimir Putin with the back story from artist Dr. Steven Swancoat and his friend Dr. Boris Petrikovsky.
- 7pm–Pulghas + Peckers. Renowned Miami artist Miguel Paredes tells how fleas will change the world and how Peckers are always ahead, along with other artistic elements in his new collection.
- 8pm–Meet artist Matheus Goulart. Learn about his latest collection and what inspired him.
- 2pm–Art + Furniture Meet Design. Beverly Hills interior designer to the stars Erinn V. shares her invaluable advice on how pairing art and fine furniture creates seamless functional design.
- 3pm–The Design of Patterns. Meet world-renowned author and Miami toile and pattern designer Jackie Von Tobel as she shares her experience of designing patterns for dinnerware,bedding and beyond.
- Jackie Von Tobel book signing.
“The brands that are establishing relationships with the Lab universally comment on the enormous potential they see in working with these accomplished and well-known artists,” said Boyd Tasker, Wynwood Lab cofounderand “Chief Scientist.” “Both the product collaborations these organizations envision and the opportunity to connect with the legions of loyal social media followers that each of the artists has is very appealing.”
Wynwood Lab initial sponsors include ELLE DÉCOR magazine, Almo Corporation, Ann Sacks, Liebherr, Nana Wall Systems, Tecnogas, Uline, Cosentino, Snaidero USA, Tilebar, Circa Lighting, TOTO, Kohler, The Rubinet Faucet Company, GE, Monogram, The Shade Store, Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet, Phillips Collection, Global Views, Erinn V., Erinn V. Design Group, David Font Design, Baldwin Hardware, Vousta, Cali Bamboo, B. Pila, Snyder Diamond, MAKA, Quick-Step, Gandia Blasco, World’s Away, Amadi Carpets, Astek Wallcoverings, Bruce Andrews, among others.